Friday, February 25, 2011

The Order Of Dawn Seriennummer

Back

I received the answer yesterday for my new dream Molly. I have great hope on this text. I knew to be one of my best to date. I had a feeling in my guts when I pressed "Send".

My first refusal left me puzzled. At the end of the comments, it seemed that there was nothing good in the text. I had taken as advice to work harder. That's what I did with Molly. I loved this story literally. I know where I goofed and that night, my dreams have guided me to a way to rework my text. I'll find a way to publish this text. Even if it takes me 2-3 years. It is important to me.

I submitted the text to Solaris and Joel Champetier I made some comments that will remain engraved forever in my memory. I also followed his advice and I ordered the book from Ms. Vonarburg, How to write stories, explorer's guide.

I can quote this little passage of email received yesterday:
"This is not a text without qualities. It is well written and little Molly is likeable. That level of construction and the fantastic argument that the rub: in a word, this argument is rather vague. A good text is memorable, it strikes us by the inexorable development of its arguments. Here, I read the text yesterday ... and I do not remember too well what happens at the end. The only thing that registered in my memory is a feeling of dissatisfaction! "
Some members of my family had raised the point that they would have liked more information from the end. I wanted to drop open, he must believe that I missed. To hear people who can not explain their point of view is one thing to hear a famous writer is something else, especially when he tells us where we screwed up. I already have a good end to rewrite it in my head. I will not let us fall on our hunger this time around.

I'm glad we could have just told me no and it would have been correct. There, I have not and why not, with advice and encouragement to continue.

I can only say a big "Thank you Mr. Champetier!" I appreciate very much.


0 comments:

Post a Comment